The 8th Annual Long Island High School Ethics Bowl took place on Saturday, Feb. 11, 2017, at Hofstra University. Twenty-six teams from 14 schools participated. Congratulations to all!
- First place: Syosset 2
- Second place: Roslyn 1
- Third place: Stony Brook 1 & Sacred Heart Academy
- Honorable Mention (Commentary): Northport 2
- Honorable Mention (Judges’ Questions): Roslyn 2
- Spirit of the Ethics Bowl: Hauppauge 2
The first NYC Regional Invitational High School Ethics Bowl will take place at Manhattanville College on Saturday, April 29, 2017. Sixteen teams from NY, NJ and CT will participate.
Case Writing Competition
The NHSEB sponsors a Case Writing Competition, an opportunity for high school students to write cases for the National High School Ethics Bowl.
All submitted cases will be considered for use in National and Regional High School Ethics Bowl case sets and the winners will receive cash awards.
Previous National Bowls
The 2014 National High School Ethics Bowl took place on April 4-5 at UNC-Chapel Hill. Eighteen teams from across the country participated; East Chapel Hill High School (NC) won; Jericho High School (Long Island, NY), was runner-up.
The first National High School Ethics Bowl took place on April 19-20 in Chapel Hill, NC. The team from St. Petersburg, FL, won the event in which sixteen teams from across the US participated.
- Philosophy Takes a Field Trip (Durham, NC)
- St. Petersburg (FL) High team wins national Ethics Bowl
- Radnor (PA) High School Ethics Bowl Team at National Championship